FIVE MINUTE TUTORIAL
Project Description: Sending Hex values to an Arduino UNO
This simple tutorial will show you how to send Hexadecimal values from a computer to an Arduino Uno. The "Processing" programming language will be used to send the HEX values from the computer when a mouse button is pressed. The Arduino will use these values to adjust the brightness of an LED.
- To Send Hexadecimal (Hex) values from a computer to the Arduino
- Trigger an action based on the press of a mouse button
- Learn to create a simple Computer to Arduino interface
- Use Arduino's PWM capabilities to adjust brightness of an LED
- Learn to use Arduino's analogWrite() function
- Create a simple LED circuit
- Arduino Uno or compatible board
- 330 Ohm Resistor
- Computer - with Arduino IDE and Processing IDE installed
The diagram below will show you how to connect an LED to Digital Pin 10 on the Arduino.
Don't forget the 330 ohm resistor !
The latest version of Arduino IDE can be downloaded here.
The latest version of the Processing IDE can be downloaded here.
Visit my ArduinoBasics Google + page.
Follow me on Twitter by looking for ScottC @ArduinoBasics.
I can also be found on Pinterest and Instagram.
Have a look at my videos on my YouTube channel.
However, if you do not have a google profile...
Feel free to share this page with your friends in any way you see fit.